Dartmouth Dog Park Off Leash Recreational Area
Rules and Regulations
1. The off-leash dog area is for dogs, their handlers and those accompanying them. No other use is allowed. Dogs are the only animals permitted in the areas.
2. For the safety of your child, children under the age of 7 years old are not allowed in the off-leash dog area. Children ages 7 – 15 years must be accompanied by an adult.
3. All dogs must be legally licensed and vaccinated, and shall wear a visible dog license.
4. Dogs under 4 months of age, and female dogs in heat, are prohibited.
5. Dogs must be on a regular leash when entering and exiting the off-leash dog area.
6. Dogs must wear collars while in the dog area. Spiked collars (with spikes protruding from the collar) are prohibited, prong or pinch collars are allowed.
7. Dogs must be under the control of their handler, and in view of their handler at all times.
8. Handlers must be 16 years of age or older, and is limited to a maximum of two dogs.
9. All handlers must have possession of a regular dog leash for each dog on them at all times.
10. Handlers are responsible for removal and sanitary disposal of dog waste. Disposal bags and trash receptacles are provided.
11. Handlers are responsible for filling any holes dug by their dogs.
12. Handlers are responsible for any injuries caused by the dog(s) under their control.
13. Dogs must be removed from the off-leash dog area at the first sign of aggression.
14. Dog Owners are responsible for supervising their dogs while at the park, and not allow barking to become excessive. While we understand that dogs will bark, we need to be considerate of our neighbors.
15. To prevent fights, avoid attracting wild animals, and maintain good sanitation, dogs may not be fed while in the Dog Park enclosed area, this includes training treats.
16. Drinks in glass containers and human food are prohibited in the dog area.
17. Please use the proper trash or recycling receptacles. As per park regulations, smoking, alcohol, and fires are not allowed.
18. Dog park hours of operation follow the Dartmouth Regional Parks and Trails facility hours.
Users of this facility do so at their own risk. The Town of Dartmouth and the Dartmouth Dog Advisory Work Group (DDAWG) shall not be liable for any injury or damage caused by any dog, or their owner.
IN CASE OF EMERGENCY: DIAL 911
REPORT ANY PROBLEMS:
DARTMOUTH ANIMAL CONTROL: 508-910-1840
DARTMOUTH PARKS & RECREATION: 508-910-1812